Need Professional Help?
Professional consultants are available to help get you up and running with generative workflows. Professional consultants that have been vetted by Autodesk can be found at the Service Marketplace.
Or hire help directly to your team. Here is an idea of what to look for:
As a Computational Designer, you'll be responsible for developing and encoding our firm’s design philosophies using digital design and scripting tools.
- Work collaboratively with a team of designers and developers
- Translate complex design strategies into developer-friendly and scriptable concepts
- Work with a variety of data inputs and output methods
- Develop flexible parametric geometric models
- Develop models that integrate simulation and optimization components
- Research design strategies and implement research into scripts
- Create 2D and 3D visualizations of data and designs
- Master's degree in Architecture or related design field
- Strong design skills
- Strong visualization skills (2D drawing and 3D modeling/rendering)
- Strong communication skills (ability to translate concepts at the business, designer, and developer levels)
- Experienced in visual scripting languages (such as Autodesk Dynamo)
- Familiarity with basic/intermediate level computer programming concepts and scripting languages (Python, C#, DesignScript)
- Basic computer graphics/geometry knowledge
- Experience with Autodesk Dynamo and/or Rhino Grasshopper
- Experience with CAD of any sort
- Knowledge of 3D computer graphics languages desirable.NET, C#, Python experience recommended
- Windows platform
- Interest or experience in industrial or architectural design and related fields
- Interest or experience in computational design technologies